Boys & young men. Years 5-12
60 minutes or modified /½ day
MMM (Modern Masculinity and Mindfulness)
‘MMM’ is a positive educational program designed and delivered to improve a student’s capacity to thrive and flourish.
‘MMM’ takes an enjoyable, empowering and proactive perspective to explore the traditional and modern day meanings of masculinity.
A ‘MMM’ tool kit is unpacked and students are enabled to improve their understanding of masculinity, identity, resilience, positive health and optimal functioning life a male.
Students will learn to:
- Learn traditional and modern ideals of masculinity
- Develop an appreciation of the transition period from boyhood to manhood
- Learn how to cultivate emotional awareness and appropriate emotional expression
- Identify signature character strength in self and others
- Create positive health habits and proactive self care principles
- Develop the capacity for becoming responsible community and digital citizens
- Develop optimistic, flexible and growth mindsets and thinking styles
- Learn and apply practical mindfulness exercises and techniques
A ‘Balance Book’ accompanies this program and guides self-directed learning throughout the day and can be kept for personal, tutor and family reflection.
For more information on The Balance program please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org